Friday, March 28, 2008

Crabby's Apple


I love this city. The Big Apple, Gotham, The "City", or whatever you call it. From South Street Seaport to the Upper West Side, this is the greatest city in the world. I just can't get enough of her sophistication, trendiness and sights. I really think the rudeness of Manhattenites is the best. I hate to be rude. I was brought up to be kind to people. But in the City I can be just as rude as the rest of them and nobody cares. Greenwich Village has a fabulous street fair on Saturday. You can browse through a multitude of goods and foods. I bought a pair of "knock-off" crocs that are as good as the real pair I purchased later. They are bright yellow and when I wore them that day, No one cared. Try wearing them in downtown Cleveland and see how far you get. I bought an original oil painting from a woman who never quite got over Woodstock. I spent a grand total of $10.00 on the oil and had it framed and hung it on the "NYC" wall in the loft. You can't see NYC from a cab or a bus. You need to feel the pulse of the city through the soles of your feet.

The trendy shops and boutiques of SoHo just beg you to enter and leave your hard earned cash. Chinatown on the other hand is a fascinating world of it's own. From the moment you enter, you are bombarded by little oriental women asking you if you would like to by a knock-off purse, sunglasses, watch or a DVD. The fish markets are everywhere and the restaurants are to die for. I had a concoction called Bubble Tea which is a cold tea flavored drink with black pearl tapioca the size of fish eyes on the bottom. Absolutely fantastic on a warn June afternoon. As I said in the prior post, I a colleague of mine is going to teach me the ins and outs of the blogging business so I will be able to link to what I'm writing about. More on "The City" at another time.

No comments: